Good things happen to people who put in efforts.
Today the world is moving to digital platforms. In the coming years, conventional marketing will be replaced by digital marketing. The demand for marketing through digital platforms has increased with the pandemic situation.
Digital marketing gives accurate results. It helps in increasing revenue and generates more traffic. The world is moving from conventional marketing toward digital marketing.
It is always necessary to have good skills. Digital marketing is one of the most in-demand subjects as of today. In the years to come, there will be high demand as the pandemic has pushed businesses to adapt to digital transformation.
I have taken many courses of which I find this Internship program best.
I am excited to tell you that I had the honor of interning with Digital Deepak – a leading digital mentor in India.
Deepak Kanakaraju is popularly known as Digital Deepak. One of India’s top digital marketers. He started his digital journey in the year 2008. With a motorcycle blog that went on to become India’s No 1 motorcycle blog.
He was Digital Marketing Manager in startups like Exotel, Practo, Instamojo and Razorpay. He is also a columnist for Entreprenuer.com and YourStory. He is the author of a book named Edge of Sanity. He delivered a talk on TEDxGLIMChennai
Why Digital Deepak Internship?
Digital Deepak Internship is a beginner to the intermediate level internship program. It aims to make you a T shaped digital marketer. It is an advantage to learn from one of the leading mentors in digital marketing
The duration of the internship is 12 weeks long. Followed by a bonus of 4 weeks. Every week you get a 90-120 minute detailed video. Followed with a live assignment explanation video. Live Q & A session is on how to complete the assignment.
You will get a cashback approval of the assignment. In case of assignment rejection, you will have another chance.
Structure of Digital Deepak Internship
The internship is a 12-week program. There are more bonus weeks.
Here is a list of topics covered in each week.
Week 1: Success Mindset
- Thinking Differently
- Changing & Transforming yourself
- Positive Mindset
- Having high standards
- Dreaming big
- Measuring life
- Health & Diet
This internship starts with a drive to achieve success with the right mindset.It helps to understand yourself in a better way and identify your strengths and weaknesses.It eliminates negativity and instills a sense of positivity to help you become a better version of yourself. It guides you to become more health-conscious and highlights the importance of fitness in daily life.
Week 2: The Law of marketing
- Why should we learn & master marketing?
- Communication skills
- Global Economics & marketing
- Digital vs Traditional marketing
- Direct response marketing
- The CATT marketing funnel
- Integrated Digital marketing
- Personal Branding
This week discusses the concept of marketing and clears misconceptions of marketing. The concept of marketing explained in a clear and elaborate manner with suitable examples. Digital marketing is explained in context to traditional marketing and what makes it different as compared to the other forms of marketing.
Week 3: Discovering a Profitable Niche
- Importance of selecting a niche
- Infinite wealth through specialization
- Your life’s task and purpose
- The making of a legend
- The creative force-source of infinite power
- Strategies to find your niche
- Discovering market needs in your niche
- Creating customer avatar
- Personal Branding – Become a Hero/Heroin in your niche
This week deals with personal branding and its importance in digital marketing. It helps you to understand your audience to build your customer avatar. It focuses on the process of researching the niche. Furthermore, it assists in discovering the market needs and demands.
Week 4: Creating a WordPress blog
- Importance of having a blog
- Why you should build your blog/website on WordPress
- Different DNS servers
- Choosing a web hosting server
This week talks about the importance of having a blog or website. A blog helps to put forward your views in your niche. You will be able to analyze the traffic of your blog. At the end of the session, you will be able to create your own WordPress blog.
Week 5: Becoming the King of Content
- The evolution of content marketing
- The power of personal branding in content marketing
- Inception: What comes before content
- Incubation: The process of creation
- Telepathy: Distributing the content & feedback
- Influence: Content that drives traffic
- Overcoming the resistance/challenges in creating content
- Freelance Content writing
- SEO in Content Writing
This week focuses on content marketing. Its elements, features, importance and uses. It teaches content creation for your target audience. Brainstorming of ideas can be done using mind maps.
Week 6: Social Media and Networking Mastery
- Taking the road which is less traveled
- The evolution of social network
- The collapse of social network
- Own your social network
- Control your network
- The hard truth of social media
- Nurturing your network
- Creating your own ecosystem
- Building your 1000 true fans
Week 6 focuses on social media and networking. It discusses important points for the creation of a social media profile. Create content with an emphasis on the user rather than the platforms.
Social media platforms favor the paid advertisement over organic content. It is always recommended to build your own tribe rather than depending on others’ platforms.
Week 7: Lead Generation & Email Marketing
- What is a Lead & What is not a Lead?
- Importance of Lead Generation
- Lead Generation for B2B & B2C
- Ethics of Lead Generation
- Probability Theory in Lead Generation
- Generating B2B leads
- B2B Leads outreach method
- B2C Leads – Generation and scaling lead generation
- The CATT Framework for lead generation
- Email marketing hacks
This week focuses on lead generation. Lead is a potential customer who might become a paying customer sooner or later. In this session, we learn about the tools required for B2B and B2C lead generation. It highlights the elements of the CATT framework which is an effective way for the generation of quality leads.
Email marketing helps in increasing the brand awareness to your B2B and B2C customers. A drip marketing sequence is useful in communicating with the customers from time to time.
Week 8: Mastering Facebook Ads
- Why Facebook Ads?
- How Facebook Ads are different from Google Ads
- Understanding Facebook audience
- Understanding Facebook Pixel
- Creating custom conversions
- Writing ads that convert well
- Getting the right ad image
- Creating Landing pages that convert
- Facebook Ads for affiliate marketing, digital marketing and digital mentoring
This week discusses Facebook ads. Facebook is a social media platform that has a large number of users. Advertising on Facebook is cost-effective as they target the exact audience. This session is all about setting up your Facebook ad account. The concept of a Business manager is explained in detail. You will learn by running ads. At the end of this week, you will master Facebook Ads.
Week 9: Mastering Google Ads
- The power of search
- The Google conversion tracking code
- Google Ads audience
- Different types of keywords used in Google ads
- Creating a search campaign
- Creating a YouTube video campaign
- Creating display ads
- Creating Google ads
- Google ads for affiliate marketing
- Google ads for digital marketing
- Google ads for digital mentoring
This week is about Google ads. Ads are displayed on the world’s largest search engine. They have a massive reach. You will learn about setting up your ad account and run ads. All the different types of ads are explained in depth. By the end of this week, you will master Google Ads.
Week 10: Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Why do we need search traffic?
- Search Engine From a user perspective
- How does a search engine work?
- How do search engines make money?
- The Search Ecosystem (Platform, Business & Users)
- Content Marketing & SEO
- On-page SEO & Off-page SEO
- Keywords & Keyword Research tool
- Offering SEO services as freelancers
The session focuses on the working of the search engines. Search engines are optimized to bring in organic traffic. This can be done by writing content using keywords. Tools are used to research keywords.
Week 11: Deep Marketing
I will be updating this section once the class commences.
Week 12: Copywriting and Sales
I will be updating this section once the class commences.
Who is this internship for?
This internship is for people who are interested to build a career in digital marketing. This is a good tool for freshers, passive earning, people looking for work from home opportunities, those who have lost their jobs in the pandemic and those who want to upskill, those who want to restart their career.
The Fee changes from batch to batch. The fee is a security deposit. It is given back to those students who submit their assignments before the deadline in the form of cashback.
Conclusion: Digital Deepak helps in understanding T shaped digital marketing. He provides a better overview of digital marketing. He helps in understanding the role niche plays in building a digital marketing career. He explains the concepts with the best examples.
This based on my experience with the Internship program. You can search more about this internship on the Internet.
Do visit this blog for more insights on Successful Womenprenuers by Maher Khan. Click here